Re: music function semantics

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: music function semantics
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 08:10:30 +0200

Neil Puttock <address@hidden> writes:

> On 26 July 2011 22:41, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> So the question basically is: which of those mechanisms is actually
>> being in use?  Are there examples for existing music functions
>> interpreting a postevent or a chord constituent?
>
> \tweak would be the most common usage for both of these cases:
>
> c1-\tweak #'color #red -\fermata
>
> and
>
> < \tweak #'color #red c>1

So much for my "nobody needs that" theory.  The problem I have is that
accepting \transpose in all the same places as \tweak does not seem like
a good idea.

On the other hand, whether an error gets thrown by the parser or by the
expression builder might not make that much of a difference to the end
user than it feels like making to me.