Re: Fix 1214: cueDuring and quoteDuring should also quote voices that cr

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Fix 1214: cueDuring and quoteDuring should also quote voices that create subvoices (issue4816044)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:09:29 +0200

Am Freitag 29 Juli 2011, 06:38:49 schrieb Keith OHara:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 05:46:29 -0700, <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Message:
> >
> > On 2011/07/26 02:17:28, Keith wrote:
> >> I like it, although I can still get the error if I put a new voice in
> >>the quoted expression like this:
> >>    quoteMe = \relative c' \new Voice {
> >
> > Yeah, but then we have a general problem: Which voice do we want to
> > quote?
>
> I would not expect LilyPond to divine the answer to that question,
> but it would be nice to avoid exiting the program with
>   ERROR: Value out of range: 0

That's true. I will change this to add a check and print out a warning,
instead.

> >> It is interesting, in a good way, how it works with
> >>
> >>    << {c4 c} \\ {g g} >>
> >>
> >> divisi parts if both parts have the same rhythm,
> >> but I would not encourage that we try to guarantee nor advertise that.
> >
> > The << \\ >> construct uses two new voices, so none of the notes will be
> > quoted.
>
> But somehow your patch quotes them both, showing as a << c g >> in the cue
> voice.

Ah, interesting, I'll have to take a closer look at how recording-group-
emulate works. One problem might appear if the two expressions do not have the
same rhythm...

I'll add a regtest and investigat a bit more.

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * Edition Kainhofer Music Publishing, http://www.edition-kainhofer.com/
 * LilyPond music typesetting software, http://www.lilypond.org/