Fwd: Re: GOP-PROP 5: build system output (probable 2?)

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Fwd: Re: GOP-PROP 5: build system output (probable 2?)
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 00:42:58 +0200

Sorry, this reply went only to Graham by accident. Here it is for lilypond-
devel:

Betreff: Re: GOP-PROP 5: build system output (probable 2?)
Datum: Freitag, 29. Juli 2011, 23:07:11
Von: Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>
An: Graham Percival <address@hidden>

Am Freitag, 29. Juli 2011, 18:20:25 schrieben Sie:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:30:24PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> >   [/home/reinhold/lilypond/out/share/lilypond/current/ly/string-tunings-
> >
> > init.ly
> > Using `nederlands' note names...
> > [<string>]
> > [<string>]
>
> Could somebody get rid of these already?  They're left-over from
> Valentin's note name changes from Dec 2010 or so; they were
> debugging messages which were supposed to be removed, but weren't
> completely removed.

AFAICS, they are caused by Includable_lexer::new_input, where the note names
are apparently passed as a string to be included into the parsed file rather
than as a file...

I don't see an easy way to get rid of them. The only possibility I see is to
completely remove the debug output in (notice the second argument!)
    Includable_lexer::new_input (string name, string data, Sources *sources)
which is the function to include the given data. In that case, we don't have
any filename to print, so we might simply remove the debug output altogether.

But then we have a problem with the closing "]" in
Includable_lexer::close_input, since at that place we don't know whether the
input was created from a string or from a file...

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886