Re: Ends of barlines are hidden in staff lines. (issue4809057)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Ends of barlines are hidden in staff lines. (issue4809057)
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 18:07:30 +0200

2011/7/29 Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 2:15 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Reviewers: hanwenn,
>>
>> Message:
>>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-07/msg01051.html

>>> You can make the problem disappear by
>>
>>> - hard coding the output to a certain resolution
>>> - making the bar go to the middle of the staffline,
>>>   rather than the outside.
>>
>>> both have disadvantages.
>>
>> This patch does the second thing.  What disadvantages do you see besides
>> what happens when barline and staff have different colors?
>
> I was worried that the left/right corners of the point where the
> barline meets the outer staff line would start to look like this
>
> ****
> ****
> *******
> *******
> *******
>
> (right upper corner)

No, it doesn't look like this.  It's nicely rounded.
(you wrote it well, Master :D)

> then again, if the barline is horizontally aligned, it may not be a
> problem. I think the problem may still occur if you stop/start staves
> half-way the page, but we may decide it's not important enough.

Actually, there is a problem with stop/start staves already - see
attached.  Maybe staff lines shouldn't be rounded?  I know that we
round most things, but i think it's not that much important in case of
stafflines, and changing this would fix the problem...

> you can check for unexpected artifacts by blowing up both staffline
> thickess and the barline thickness.

Very good idea!