Re: T1780 - Guile V2 deprecation warnings re format calls with no dest p

From: dak
Subject: Re: T1780 - Guile V2 deprecation warnings re format calls with no dest parameter (issue4808063)
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 22:42:59 +0000

If I understand correctly, ly:format might be useful for printing
Lilypond's own data structures.

Anyway, I discovered after already having applied my patch that Lilypond
was intended to replace the system format with its own version.

So the question is whether we should try to find out why this did not
work.  According to the comments in lily.scm, this replacement was done
likely for performance reasons.

So it is possible that a better course would have been to revert my
patch (at least where it uses the #f port), and find out why the
replacements of the system format are likely not working as intended.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4808063/