Re: no movement on Critical issues; 2.16 in Oct ?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: no movement on Critical issues; 2.16 in Oct ?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 00:54:46 -0700

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 09:42:36AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I haven't seen any interest in
> >   http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1771
>
> My take on this (if nobody is going to protest in the next few hours) is
> to revert the flawed fix.

I think that's entirely reasonable.  IMO, if there's no clear
offer of a fix within 48 hours of a bad commit, we should revert
it.

> The other critical bug appears to be related with multithreading, and I
> consider it likely, given its random appearance, that it will mainly
> affect multicore systems.  I don't have such a one.

I thought lilypond was single-threaded?  Or is the C++ stuff
single-threaded, but the guile stuff multi-threaded?  I mean, I
know that functional programming is great for multi-threaded work
in general, but I didn't think that we used it as such.