Re: music function semantics

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: music function semantics
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:50:38 +0200

W dniu 31 lipca 2011 01:23 użytkownik James Lowe
<address@hidden> napisał:
> Then what would be the purpose of \once \override; or is that your point?

Yeah, making \once \override work like \tweak is my point.  But i'm
not sure about it, it's just an idea for GLISS.

W dniu 31 lipca 2011 01:48 użytkownik Carl Sorensen
<address@hidden> napisał:
> On 7/30/11 4:37 PM, "Jan Warchoł" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hmm, i'd say that \once \override could work like tweak.  Currently
>> \once \override affects all objects created at the same moment in
>> given context, but i think it wouldn't be of much inconvenience if it
>> affected only a single object, like tweak does
>
> I guess we'll have this out in GLISS.  But I think it would be a major
> inconvenience.  If I want to have the all the notes at the current instant
> made red, I can do it with a single call to \once \override.  If we make
> \once \override work like \tweak, I'd need a call for each note head.

Definately it's a topic for GLISS.

2011/7/31 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:
>> \tweak comes immediately before the object to be modified.
>
> Except when not.
> \tweak ... c
> does not work, you need to do
> <\tweak ... c>

Yeah...  While i can learn to live with that (albeit very painfully),
there are plenty of people whose minds would simply blow because of
this (you know, ordinary people without geek-skills).
I have some more to say about this, but i guess it will be best suited
when we discuss GOP-PROP "roadmap of future development".

cheers,
Janek