Re: fixcc.py run on Aug 01

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: fixcc.py run on Aug 01
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 05:21:20 +0000 (UTC)

Graham Percival <graham <at> percival-music.ca> writes:

> I will be running fixcc.py on the git repo

Tabs-to-spaces and trailing-spaces-strip are now done by the Python script, so
you don't need to do these steps by hand.

> Apologies for the inconvenience; this should be a one-time painful
> transition.

I did a dry run on my outstanding patches and found it inconvenient,
but not really painful.

I thought the option "git rebase --ignore-whitespace" might make everything
automatic, but I still needed to hand-merge.  (In fact, git did just well
without the option, on my patches.)

There were two nits that I had found with fixcc after discussion died down.
One of them makes a couple files change on the /second/ run of fixcc.
People might end up running the script twice, and then would need to merge
these files.  Therefore I pushed my (well-tested) nitpick fix.