Re: GOP-PROP 5: build system output (final)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 5: build system output (final)
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 13:31:40 -0700

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 03:13:33 -0700, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:

From: "Keith OHara" <address@hidden>

I agree, and want `make bin` to show me warnings.  I might have been
taking the proposal too literally.

I know no reason why it shouldn't.  Have you tried putting code that emits
errors or warnings into /lily and running make bin?

Make does show warnings on the terminal right now.
  make -s bin
lets me find them, which makes me very happy.

Only after the proposal is fully implemented, will a successful build stop
showing me the warnings.

I'd be happy if we leave the redirection-to-file of stderr from gcc and
standard tools, as the last piece to implemented in the proposal.