Re: Deprecate \fermataMarkup for full-bar rests. (issue4672059)

From: reinhold . kainhofer
Subject: Re: Deprecate \fermataMarkup for full-bar rests. (issue4672059)
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 19:21:33 +0000

LGTM. I have always wondered why \fermataMarkup was necessary.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4672059/diff/1/ly/property-init.ly
File ly/property-init.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4672059/diff/1/ly/property-init.ly#newcode189
ly/property-init.ly:189: fermataMarkup = \fermata
How about a wrapper to mark definitions/functions as deprecated, so they
print out a warning, but still work?
I usually prefer deprecating functions (plus a convert-ly rule) to
completely removing a definition.

We can also move such definitions to e.g. deprecated.ly, so we can in
future versions easily remove them, once the users had enough time to
update their scores.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4672059/