Re: Nested context properties -- an implementation sketch

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Nested context properties -- an implementation sketch
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 22:50:34 +0100

David Kastrup wrote Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:11 PM

"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:

I think we need to clarify a few things first.

You wrote

I have no clear view about \set yet.  It would seem to me that
should be equivalent to \revert, and \set should be equivalent to

As we are contemplating a major change anyway, I'd
prefer an equivalence in operation of \override,
\once \override and \revert with \set, \once \set
and \unset.  Or is this infeasible?

A sequence of \set \set \set would lead to stack buildup. That seems
contrary to the spirit of the command name.

On the other hand, a sequence of \set \unset will, under my proposal which is pretty much the current semantics, cancel a previous override,
while a sequence \override \set \set \set \revert will be neutral,

Now I am confused.  Are you saying that \set will
operate on grob properties rather than or in addition
to operating on context properties?  That would be
a major change!

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG -