Re: DOC: Revise CG 3.4 Commit Access (issue 4898058)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: DOC: Revise CG 3.4 Commit Access (issue 4898058)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:29:22 +0000

On 2011/08/18 11:42:13, Reinhold wrote:
Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi:1425: Generate an SSH
@q{rsa} key
pair.  Enter the following at the
Why did you change all dsa to rsa? RSA is the older encryption
technology, which
is known not to be as secure as DSA...

Really?!  this whole topic began because somebody said that savannah
requested that people use dsa because it was more secure.

Could somebody check the savannah docs, maybe look at some pages about
encryption to find a more definitive reference (not that I don't trust
Reinhold :), and then maybe discuss it with the savannah admins?

I figured that if they recommended dsa, we should tell people to use
that to be polite since we're using their service... but if they're
giving out bad advice, then we should get in touch with them.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4898058/