Re: Kievan square notation in LilyPond

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Kievan square notation in LilyPond
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 14:35:17 +0200

Hi Aleksandr,

i'm finally back to this.
How much experience do you have with git and Lily source code?  I ask
because i don't know how detailed explanations should i provide :)
I've looked at the metafont code you provided.  It won't be hard to
include it in Feta font as a separate group of glyphs, i've prepared a
patch that begins this process.  Please examine the attached patch and
add it to your git repository; it adds all necessary meta files and
one kievan glyph.  I had some problem translating u into staff_spaces
- did i guess correctly that u = 2 staff_spaces?
I attach a simple test file that uses an override to choose kievan
quarter glyph, therefore checking that it is available in Feta font.
What should be done now: code of remaining glyphs should be added to
feta-kievan.mf.
Plese let me know if you have any problems or questions (or if you
don't know where to start!).  I hope to answer much faster now :)

hope this helps,
Janek