Re: Makes sure that ledger lines do not overlap with accidentals. (issue

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Makes sure that ledger lines do not overlap with accidentals. (issue 4898060)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:42:51 +0200

Hi,

i'm very interested in this, i've spotted this problem some time ago.
Why is this Rietveld issue marked as closed?
I'm adding a link in T issue 706

I've tried it and it ate some ledger lines, but maybe i have dirty
tree.  Try this
{ <c'! f!>2 <bis, cis'> <bes, ces'> < ces' des > }
On my machine it eats ledgers, see attachment.

On 2011/08/18 12:51:09, hanwenn wrote:
> It sounds like an optimization that doesn't really improve
> output at all, and performance not by much. Why not skip it
> altogether and avoid the complexity?

I wholeheartedly disagree, i think that this issue isn't negligible
(or did i misunderstood you, Han-Wen?).
If we care about shortening ledgers when there is an accidental, we
should care about doing it properly in case of chords etc.

cheers,
Janek