Re: Does better polynomial calculations for avoid objects. (issue 486004

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: Does better polynomial calculations for avoid objects. (issue 4860042)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:35:44 +0200

On Aug 23, 2011, at 6:21 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> File flower/ (right):
> flower/ return ret_max ? sols.back () : sols[0];
> you could return an interval instead;
> Polynomial::range() ?

I'm hesitant to incorporate native Lilypond types into - I'd like
to keep the included files as "polynomial.hh" and "warn.hh" so that it could
work stand-alone with minimal modifications.
Een beter milieu begint bij uzelf. Hergebruik!

> File lily/ (right):
> lily/ Bezier::minmax (Axis ax, Real l, Real r, Direction
> d, vsize lres, vsize rres) const
> you could be less stingy with letters.  "axis".
> what do lres and vres mean?

I've expanded these out.

> lily/ return p.minmax (sol[LEFT][res[LEFT]],
> sol[RIGHT][res[RIGHT]], d != LEFT);
> could return an interval here too? Bezier::extent ?

It's up to you.  It is more an architecture/style question than anything else.
If you're OK including interval.hh in, then I can do this.

New patchset up.