Re: MusicXML exporter (was Re: Lilypond lobbying?)

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: MusicXML exporter (was Re: Lilypond lobbying?)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 17:33:02 -0400

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:
Pierre THIERRY writes:

[cc lilypond-devel]

> If memory serves, so far we have US$200, C$100 and €200. If I were to
> work alone on this bounty, that would allow me to allocate
> approximately 20hrs, which should clearly be enough to write a nice
> XML exporting in some schema mimicking Lilypond's representation, and
> probably also the XSLT transformation to MusicXML (I'm not sure how
> much time figuring it and then debugging it will take, it has been
> ages since I played with XSLT).

To fix this bug, what we need is a very clear bug report to know when we
can close it.  Actually, we require that for all bugs, so #665 should
never have been entered into the bug database like this.

What I would like to see attached to #665 is at least one .ly with
corresponding .xml with bonusses attached.

Possibly it's best to delay #665 and split it up into several different
issues (and attached bounties), each with it's own .ly -- and starting
with a most simple one.

It's only about an hour of work (see below) to convert a simple and
prepared .ly score to musicxml, see below.

Jan

That sounds encouraging.  So how far away are we from being able to handle a more realistic score, say a string quartet or a 4-part choral score with with lyrics and piano reduction?

Cheers,
Mike