Re: MusicXML exporter (was Re: Lilypond lobbying?)

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: MusicXML exporter (was Re: Lilypond lobbying?)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:20:42 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer writes:

> I don't think it's that easy, in particular if you want to get output
> that you can send to a publisher without being thrown out of the
> office...

I don't think this is a goal that anyone finds worthwile to work
on or pay for.

Consider the facts that --triggered by user requests iirc-- somewhere in
2002/2003 Han-Wen and I wrote a simple xml printing option, and it took
me about an hour of research and an hour of work to get a simple working
musicxml output going.

If in eight years, no-one is interested in spending two hours for a
hello world, or possibly 100 hours on a somewhat useful version,
why do you think anyone would take on a job that may take a man year
of work?

Small steps: set easily attainable goals and add bonusses to that.  If
after a month of work there's still interest in improvement and the xslt
option does not suffice anymore, go from there.

Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl