Re: mentors/mentees check-in

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: mentors/mentees check-in
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 06:46:20 -0600

On 11-08-25 11:18 PM, Graham Percival wrote:
<snip>
That leads to the next question: all the contributors from the
mentor-contributor pairs we formed earlier now have git access.
Now, I don't think that git access needs to be tied with no longer
having a mentor, but that _would_ be a natural time to end an
official connection.

Janek, Phil, and Colin: you've all been around for a while, you
know the joy and flaws of our development process.
- do you still want to have a mentor?
- if not, would you be willing to *be* a mentor?
   (you wouldn't be signing a blank check to deal who whoever I
   assigned you; there would be plenty of opportunity to consider
   people, discuss what they're interested in and whether the two
   of you would work well together, etc)

I tend to the humble, Graham: that way, I don't mind losing if someone argues with me! Still, if you think I can be useful, I'm up for it.

Cheers,
Colin

--
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
-- Mark Twain