Re: Make #{ #} accept everything an assignment accepts. (issue 4974046)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Make #{ #} accept everything an assignment accepts. (issue 4974046)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 12:01:35 +0000

Reviewers: nicolas.sceaux,

Message:
This passes regtests.  I would tend towards committing in this form in
order to keep commit size to the point.  Instead of a separate regtest,
I'd likely walk through scm and ly directories and use this
functionality where appropriate.

ly:parse-string-expression basically copies ly:parse-string, and it
contains a bunch of clutter (like checking a stack that does not appear
to be maintained at the end) which I just replicated.

Maybe this should get weeded out (I don't see the purpose), but it is
not a new problem.

Error messages when parsing #{ #} are less than helpful, origin
information likely similarly.

Again, this is not a new problem, so I tend towards not tackling this in
this patch.

Of course, documentation can be improved quite a bit by making use of
the new functionality.  In the interest of not cluttering this into a
single commit, I'd like to do so later.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4974046/diff/1/scm/parser-ly-from-scheme.scm
File scm/parser-ly-from-scheme.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4974046/diff/1/scm/parser-ly-from-scheme.scm#newcode36
scm/parser-ly-from-scheme.scm:36: (ly:parser-lookup parser
'$parseStringResult))