Re: merging regtests

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: merging regtests
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:02:46 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 8:10 AM

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 06:39:06AM +0100, Graham Percival wrote:
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 06:25:44AM +0100, Graham Percival wrote:
> As a temporary workaround, I will now reduce the number of
> regression tests.  In particular, I will merge the segfault
> regtests -- we don't care about the output of those; we just want
> to make sure that lilypond doesn't crash.

This abomination was pushed as

That was followed by three more commits:

GUB is now compiling the docs, so the current crisis is over.  I
estimate that this has "bought us" another 1-2 weeks.  At that
point, we'll be back to the non-release situation again.

I tried to make sure I was only merging regtests which were pretty
clearly safe to merge.  There's probably another 10-20 "really
obviously safe to merge" regtests, if anybody wants to look for
them.  That should tide us over until Nov or Dec. ?

\header {
texidoc = "This file profiles property accesses; the log file shows the top properties examined. Note: lilypond must be compiled with --disable-optimising for this file to work."

Do we do that?

At the least, we could consider moving it to a "not usually processed" directory.

Phil Holmes