Re: Gets rid of length in the docs. (issue 4965053)

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: Gets rid of length in the docs. (issue 4965053)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:31:47 +0300

On Tue 30 Aug 2011, 15:02 I wrote:
> Being a user, I often used to override 'Y-extent for some specific purposes:
>
> {
>   \override Stem #'Y-extent = #'(-10 . 0)
>   c''_\fermata
> }
Oh, yes, 2.15.9 changes stem's length.

2.15.8 and below did not change it.

2.15.8 and below changed grob's _extent_, but not appearance. It was good. For
some/other grobs there are (a lot of?) places in the docs, when it's suggested
to set 'Y-extent to (-inf.0 . +inf.0) for some purposes. If I can remember.
Or to set in to (0 . 0) to make grob "to have no extent". But it didn't change
grob's appearance.

Sorry my jumping in though. Very probably, I've missed something important.

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk                        "Easy to use" is easy to say.
  Bug Squad                                             -- Jeff Garbers