Text hyphenation

From: Bertrand Bordage
Subject: Text hyphenation
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 00:11:59 +0200

Hi everyone,

I started working on automatic hyphenation (see the attached PDF).
I rewrote wordwrap-stencils into a wordwrap-markups and it works great, but I do have a question before continuing.

Do you think I should start by:
* implementing hyphenation rules;
* creating a user-settable hyphenation list;
* making a system that allows to specify where a word is breakable (like \- in LaTeX);
* abandoning this idea and making a more serious music-only patch?

Creating a user-settable list would certainly be the easiest thing to do, but is the ugliest solution.

A mix of the three is the best: the rules for the common cases, the list for special cases and something like \- for more flexibility.
However, I won't do all at once, so I need to start by something and don't know what.

Tell me what you think of that!

Regards,
Bertrand