Re: Update on the coding par-tay

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Update on the coding par-tay
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 13:10:07 +0200

On Oct 1, 2011, at 12:43 PM, Graham Percival wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 12:22:37PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
>>  Just a note to letchya'll know that there'll be 7(ish) people attending
>>  Extreme Makeover: Markup Edition in Paris over the weekend of the 15th.
>
> Wow, I didn't realize we had so many people in Paris.  Who don't I
> know?

They aren't in Paris per se.  Bertrand's bringing two people from his fan club
and a couple people from the French mailing list are coming (they aren't
developers but they're interested in learning more about LilyPond).  Nicolas
Sceaux will also be in town and will grace us with his Scheming presence.

>> This will likely touch everything, from the
>>  parser/lexer to perhaps "Engravers" for markups (i.e.
>>  Line_markup_engraver) to refashioning code in Pango to whatever.
>
> Make sure you work on a separate branch.  :)

Will do.

>>  We'll have Skype open for the duration of coding hours for those who want
>>  to participate `a distance, but if any of you would like to chime in on
>>  markups before this weekend, please do!
>
> I'll be on skype.  Once you have it more confirmed, could you send
> more details about the exact time and skype setup (does skype use
> "channels" or "hangouts" or what...?)

Actually, IRC is probably a better option (I just said Skype cuz it's the first
thing that came to my mind).  I'll keep all ya'll posted.

Cheers,
MS