Re: Sketch for broken beams with consistent slopes (issue 4961041)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Sketch for broken beams with consistent slopes (issue 4961041)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 14:47:12 -0300

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Mike Solomon <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Oct 4, 2011, at 3:26 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>
>> You skipped the cosmetic patch that folds together the (SCM, SCM)
>> callbacks into one big quanting callback.
>>

> You and I have different definitions of cosmetics.  Living with a French
> woman, I am constantly told that I know nothing about cosmetics, so this does
> not surprise me.

:)

> That said, the "one big callback" thing is not doable without the giant
> rewrite attached to it, because in doing so, lots of
subtle tweaks have to be made to the functions from beam.cc so that
they are less reliant on the beam grob and more reliant on vectors of
information.  So, I believe that the current patchset, as it stands,
is reviewable.

Right; the confusing thing is that the bulk of the change is not about
consistent beams, but about reorganizing code.

In general,  I always to try to do the reorganization (that does not
change functionality) first and separately, and then do the new
feature in a new change