Re: Creates a LeftBarStub that stops lyrics from bumping into the System

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Creates a LeftBarStub that stops lyrics from bumping into the SystemStartBar. (issue 5201043)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 11:13:00 +0000

I got a little ahead of myself...the patch, while it works in the
regtest cases, does not work the way I think it did because all Items'
pure heights are calculated from 0 to INT_MAX in Separation_item::boxes.

Certain NonMusicalPaperColumns' horizontal skylines will change
depending on if they begin a line or not.  It seems, though, that
Separation_item does a one-size-fits-all calculation for the minimum
distance between NonMusicalPaperColumns and PaperColumns.  So, my
questions are: do NonMusicalPaperColumns have different horizontal
skylines for different break visibilities?  If so, where are they
stashed?  If not, how does the horizontal spacing engine know how to
deal with changing break visibilities for different start and end
columns?  I'm thinking that Line_shape may have something to do with it,
but I'm not sure.  Help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
MS

http://codereview.appspot.com/5201043/