Re: First stab at getting script offsets right. (issue 5235052)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: First stab at getting script offsets right. (issue 5235052)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 08:48:17 +0200

On Oct 21, 2011, at 3:41 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> LGTM, but the result is really disturbing.  We need to think about a
> better approach of character boxes in MetaFont.  The ideal solution
> would be to create a mask for each character.  For example, a mask for
> the "espressivo" glyph would be a "fill" between its 6 dots.
>
> I know it's impossible to interpret this mask in C++...

Not necessarily - you can stash all sorts of information in font tables, which
are then accessible via the otf_tables.
The same thing needs to be done for flags, which have been glued to stems via a
kludge in the X-offset function for some time.
Janek was toying around with font tables last time I checked in with him - it'd
take me some time to learn how the metafont part of the code works, so if this
is something you think you could tackle, I'd be able to implement the C++ side.

> Anyway, I think this patch can be pushed as the first part of a fix to
> issue 1951.
>
> Bertrand
>

> http://codereview.appspot.com/5235052/diff/23001/lily/script-engraver.cc
> File lily/script-engraver.cc (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/5235052/diff/23001/lily/script-engraver.cc#newcode208
> lily/script-engraver.cc:208: int script_count = scripts_.size ();
> vsize instead of int.  Could you change the others above?

fixed.

> http://codereview.appspot.com/5235052/diff/23001/lily/script-engraver.cc#newcode209
> lily/script-engraver.cc:209: for (int i = 0; i < script_count; i++)
> vsize.

fixed.

> http://codereview.appspot.com/5235052/diff/23001/lily/slur.cc
> File lily/slur.cc (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/5235052/diff/23001/lily/slur.cc#newcode275
> lily/slur.cc:275: // cannot use is empty because some 0-extent scripts
> I don't understand.  Did you meant "if empty"?

I meant is_empty (the function).

Cheers,
MS