Re: convert-ly rules to destencil Flags

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: convert-ly rules to destencil Flags
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 23:05:30 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> I now see what the problem is.  I had updated the version number all
> the snippets that needed updating, but all of the offending snippets
> are in the .tely files.  The \version statement for these snippets is
> not in the snippets themselves (I thought they were versionless when I
> updated them) but rather at the top of the .tely files.
>
> A few things:
>
> 1) If someone could please update 10.9.5 to talk about how versioning
> works in the .tely files, that would help a lot.

I have no clue whatsoever.  But of course, the litmus test for whether
you are finished is that scripts/auxiliar/update-with-convert-ly does
not change files anymore.

> 2) A reminder in 10.9.5 to change versions when moving stuff to
> Documents/snippets/new would be great too.

I am not sure whether that is not something Graham wants to do himself.
However, I think it is harmless enough to do it on his behalf _in_
dev/staging, as a separate commit "bump version number" after the
commits containing the convert-ly rule and the result of applying it,
respectively.  It means that other developers can add new syntax rules
_in_ dev/staging without waiting for Graham.

If Graham decides to flush somebody's contribution from dev/staging
while keeping the rest, the worst that will happen is that a version
number gets skipped.

And of course, the flushed parts have to be resubmitted with changed
version numbers in addition to any other changes Graham requests.