Re: Work on 1890: Fix several compiler warnings on amd64 platform (chang

From: graham
Subject: Re: Work on 1890: Fix several compiler warnings on amd64 platform (changing variable types) (issue 5039043)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 06:25:19 +0000

according to wikipedia, ssize_t is not part of the ANSI or ISO C
standard; it's only in POSIX 1003.1-1996 API.  Is this going to be a
problem in the future?  I mean, does osx (i.e. llvm / clang) follow
POSIX 1003.1-1996 API instead of ISO C ?  what about freebsd / openbsd /
netbsd ?

in short, do we really need ssize_t, or could we make do with more
widely supported variable types here?

http://codereview.appspot.com/5039043/