Re: RFC: \hideNote

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: RFC: \hideNote
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 15:39:23 +0000

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Peekay Ex <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Adam Spiers
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Kieren MacMillan
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Ah, that makes sense.  I could do the rename, but is there some process
>> for handling non-backwards-compatible changes in syntax?
>
> Don't want to sound like a bore but all this (and other things you
> will probably run into) is pretty well documented in our Contributor;s
> Guide.
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/adding-or-modifying-features

Perfect thanks.  I'm pretty sure I've *never* seen a better documented
F/OSS project.  The level of attention to detail is incredible,
although as a newbie developer it's a double-edged sword - on the one
hand it's comforting to know that most of my questions are already
answered, but on the other it's a bit overwhelming feeling like I have
to read a huge manual even before I produce my first patch :)