Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 14:02:57 -0700

On Nov 4, 2011, at 1:00 PM, Keith OHara wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 09:47:16 -0700, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I think that it is easier to tweak this sort of thing of bar lines know
>> about the existence of leftward-hanging grobs and can deal with them.
>
> I guess it is more flexible if there is the option to have
> 'extra-spacing-height be either
> #,time-signature::extra-spacing-height  or a pair like  #'(-1 . 1)

Agreed, which is why I like growing this pure-from-neighbor infrastructure.  It
lends itself to this type of flexibility.

>>> Wow.  Are you a minimalist?
>>>
>> No.  Check out http://www.apollinemike.com/first.pdf .  This is one of the
>> many pieces where these changes will be beneficial.
>>
> I can't see where.  The lyrics already successfully slide under bar lines in
> that piece.
> Looking harder, I see no span bars, and no accidentals hanging over bar
> lines, no cross-staff stems.

It's the lyrics.  There are some very high notes where the lyrics don't tuck
under the barline, which required me to make some extra-offset overrides
(blech).

>>> Purely relevant to what?  How can something be impurely relevant?
>>
>> Pure relevant is used all over the code.
> Good point.  There is even a predicate 'pure-relevant?' defining which grobs
> qualify.

Exactly.  This is how the Pure_from_neighbor_engraver evaluates which grobs
have pure height functions (line 49).

Cheers,
MS