Re: The value of LilyPond, according to Ohloh

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: The value of LilyPond, according to Ohloh
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 23:16:13 -0200

I think the number is way off.  AFAICS at
http://www.ohloh.net/p/lilypond/enlistments?page=2, they counted all
stable branches as separate.

Last time I looked lilypond was around 100k lines of code (a quick
look says it 200k now; I suspect the GNU headers as a cause). 390 man
years looks exaggeratedl, since I wrote most of it (at least before
2007), and it took me much less than 300 years. Realistically,
lilypond may represent 20-40 man years, considering I must have put in
well over 10 personally.