Re: Can't make doc on current master (13 Nov PM BST)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Can't make doc on current master (13 Nov PM BST)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:25:19 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peekay Ex" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 5:42 PM

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peekay Ex" <address@hidden>
To: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 1:52 PM
Subject: Can't make doc on current master (13 Nov PM BST)

Hello

Strange. I ran a full kill /build configure make make doc at noon today,
with no problem. I'd just before that tried make doc on an existing build
tree and it failed, but a clean one was fine, and there have been no commits
since. Worth trying again, I reckon.

The file you attached appears to build OK, but as you say, make -jx does a
lot in parallel, so you might have to look further up the output.

I always redirect the output to a file for this reason: make -j9 CPU_COUNT=9
doc &> ~/MakeNNNN.txt

:/

I ran make doc 5 times (each time removing build dir and starting from
scratch) also without the revert, twice it failed, thrice it worked.

The two times I ran it with &>, it succeeded.

<sigh>
James

Dunk, dunk, dunk.  Sound of head on desk.

--
Phil Holmes