Re: PATCH:" Countdown to 20111121

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: PATCH:" Countdown to 20111121
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:13:47 -0700

On 11-11-21 01:01 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
Colin Campbell<address@hidden>  writes:

For 20:00 MST Tuesday November 21
Not that I am nosy or anything, but is it Tuesday or is it 20111121?

Tuesday it is, David. I build the list after our first weekend of singing: rehearse Friday, funeral and two performances Saturday, rehearsal (different choir) on Sunday, two out of town performances and one in town. Only 40 performances to go between now and December 16th, but at least I don't have to sing much tenor this year (I'm able to sing from D below the bass clef to G in the treble in natural voice, and choirs in my area are chronically short of tenors, so I help out where I can, but the air gets might thin up there!), and my goal of more public cello performances than Rostropovich has already been met.

I was also somewhat surprised by

     For 21:00 MST Sunday November 20

     Issue 2043: Patch: Lambaize $ and # in #{ ... #} to make Guile V2
     happy - R 5401041

since, even setting aside the date discrepancy, the state of the Issue
itself did not change.

But I see that it is back in the current batch, and now indeed set to
"Countdown".

I must have forgotten to change the status to "Countdown" on Thursday, David, as I generally do so before sending the patch batch. BTW, and for guidance, I turn off the separate e-mail notification when I set a patch to countdown, and just send the single email to devel; would the developers prefer I leave the "send email" tag on, so that the list gets both the batch message and also individual messages for each patch? I can foresee developers putting filters in place for their own issue numbers, and a list would defeat this. Would they let me know what works best , please?

Cheers,
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands.