Re: LSR updates and Issue 1971

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: LSR updates and Issue 1971
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 12:53:55 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 7:10 PM

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 05:59:04PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
I've got a large patch that updates the snippets from the LSR and
fixes Issue 1971.  It's a few hundred files.  make and make doc are
fine after adding it.  Should I push to staging or do something like
a review - it seems unlikely anyone will have the enthusiasm to
review all 300-odd changed files.

Excellent!

I'd personally prefer to split it into 2 separate commits:
1. run makelsr.py locally (i.e. don't point it at your tarball).

this will update the GIT_COMMITISH for every single file.  Quite
annoying, pollutes the history, but apparently translators need
that.

if you skim over the patch in gitk, you shouldn't see anything
weird.  commit that and push directly to staging.

Depends what counts as weird. I see lots of commitish changes, and one or two others - e.g. translation changes. I'm guessing that this is because master and staging aren't quite lined up at present? Should I wait until those changes in staging are committed, or push anyway?

2. run makelsr.py and point at the downloaded LSR directory.

look at that patch more carefully, then please upload it for
review -- there should be 1-20 changed files.  Maybe 30.
we won't bother with a full countdown, but I'd like to skim it
before you push it.

Willdo.

--
Phil Holmes