Re: Adds padding between Hairpins and SpanBars. (issue 5438060)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Adds padding between Hairpins and SpanBars. (issue 5438060)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 23:25:05 -0800

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 22:58:07 -0800, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

I've attached the regtest I added compiled w/ Keith's patch & with my patch.

Your test case has one very long hairpin in each staff, spanning three systems.
Do we want to insert a gap in the broken hairpin to make room for the span bar
at the end of the line?  We don't create a gap for span bars in the middle of a
line, so I didn't think that is what the bug report asked for.

I split off issue 2060, which simply makes hairpins at the end-of-line act just
as they do at any other bar line.  I will want to be able to do that regardless
of what you do with your patch.  I also want to fix the original code so that
it works consistently, otherwise your hairpin-shortening code will need to be
synchronized to the bug in the original implementation to avoid
double-shortening.