Re: Allows for automatic renumbering of measure numbers at volta repeats

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Allows for automatic renumbering of measure numbers at volta repeats. (issue 5440049)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:20:26 +0100

On Nov 29, 2011, at 1:08 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> The only problem that remains is that the display-lily-tests shows a
> one-space increase in the new output.  I've made the string rendered for
> AlternativeEvent "", but is there any way just to get the display method
> to ignore it (meaning not add the extra whitespace)?  If not, this extra
> whitespace doesn't bother me and I'll add it as "NOT A BUG", but I'd
> rather scrub it if possible.

Also, one gotchya is that for this to kick in, alternatives must be
contextualized in curly brackets.  So,

\repeat volta 4 { a1 } \alternative { a b }

Will never work with the current AlternativeEvent implementation, whereas

\repeat volta 4 { a1 } \alternative { { a } { b } }

will.

It is not impossible to add the AlternativeEvent in
Volta_repeat_iterator::get_music_list (), which would get around this problem.
But it'd be doing a lot of event-management at the iterator level, which is so
far as I know hitherto unprecedented.  Any thoughts?

Cheers,
MS