Re: center NoteColumn

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: center NoteColumn
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 19:36:02 -0600

Hi Harm,

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

this is great !! And I was not a little but a big blockhead.;)

Hah, no...  I'm just a fresh pair of eyes :)  Speaking of which, looking with fresh eyes at the file I just attached, I really should have condensed that list of nearly identical offset calculations.  (See attached for the way I came up with.)

> The results look fine to me, except for the arpeggio of course.  I don't
> know what the problem is here.

The arpeggio seems to belong to the NoteColumn (with "2.15.x"),
although the IR speaks only about Stems and NoteHeads . This means
that a chord with an arpeggio has a bigger extent (and length) and is
selected when passing the condition of dir-correction as being greater
than one-note-head-length.
It's of course possible to change the condition, but I'm not sure,
perhaps it's a bug. Did you notice
http://old.nabble.com/bug-or-feature-with-the-extent-of-NoteColumn-with-%222.15.20%22---td32935365.html
where I ask about it (so far without answer)?

Yes, I saw your thread and I'd be interested in hearing the answer too.  I just tried the file with 2.14.2, and the arpeggio works perfectly there.

Many, many thanks!!

You're quite welcome!

-David