Keep getting permission denied on pull and push access

From: James
Subject: Keep getting permission denied on pull and push access
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 01:15:44 +0000

Hello,

I've had problems getting permission access to push using my new
install of LilyDev2.

I moved over and was able to pull with no problems but then I realised
I needed to set up for push access, and followed (as normal) the CG
steps for setting up a public key and testing for pull and push
access.

However whatever I do I keep getting 'Permission Denied' - I have
cleared all my keys and 'started again' (even down to deleting my
$LILYPOND_GIT and re-downloading the whole thing again).

I then cleared out all my keys on savannah and generated a new one,
this didn't work so I did it again, just in case I had done something
wrong (bearing in mind I have set up new dev environments many times
over the last year so feel I am pretty familiar with this process) but
still cannot get permission - I left it for over an hour (as was
suggested) and my key changes are seen (I get the emails and the note
on savannah itself).

Is there some 'three strikes and you're out' setting that locks out an account?

Here are the relevant files/information:

--snip--

address@hidden:~/lilypond-git$ git pull --verbose
Permission denied (publickey).
address@hidden:~/lilypond-git$ more .git/config
[core]
        repositoryformatversion = 0
        filemode = true
        bare = false
        logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
        url = ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/lilypond.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin/master
[branch "master"]
        remote = origin
        merge = refs/heads/master
        rebase = true
address@hidden:~/lilypond-git$ git push --dry-run --verbose
Pushing to ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/lilypond.git
Permission denied (publickey).
address@hidden:~/lilypond-git$

--snip--

I'm at a loss here. Any help would be very much appreciated.

James