Re: LilyPond Lion

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LilyPond Lion
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 19:57:24 +0100

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> 2011/12/26 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> Michael Walker <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> First of all, thank you so so much for creating such an innovative way
>>> to create sheet music. I love that the more you use LilyPond, the
>>> easier and faster it starts getting results. The language of LilyPond
>>> is actually really fun and interesting to learn!
>>>
>>> is there somewhere LilyPond accepts donations?
>>
>> Yes and no.  Check out <URL:http://lilypond.org/sponsoring.html>.  You
>> might also look in the issue tracker for open items marked as "bounty",
>> or which you think you would like to mark so.  Or you might choose to
>> put a bounty out for your personal favorite feature to come.
>
> Not mentioning that if you could donate some time by helping us (there
> are even 20-minutes-per-week tasks that don't require any programming
> skills) it would be more appreciated than any money!

Except possibly for the one getting the money.  But of course LilyPond
is quite definitely short of manpower and if you see fit to change that,
by all means go ahead.

You say "I love that the more you use LilyPond, the easier and faster it
starts getting results.", and our learning materials are not necessarily
best-suited for learners, and often some information only gets provided
by asking on the list.

Systematic work on the learning materials for that reason is something
that can be quite valuable, and the existing developers will be doubly
motivated in answering your questions.