Re: critical issues

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: critical issues
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 21:08:22 +0000

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 09:59:47PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:

> I see the following critical issues:
-snip-

> There is, actually, a wagonload of other changes underfoot that does not
> appear quite compatible with releasing a version called "stable" to me.
> It seems strange to me that the _above_ should be the critical ones.
> Critical enough that we don't even bother with trying to stabilize the
> remaining situation.

The definition of a Critical issue is given here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/gop_002dprop-8-_002d-issue-priorities

This was the result of between 25 to 40 emails in August 2011 on
lilypond-devel.  A quick scan didn't reveal your name amongst
those emails, but we simply cannot afford to revisit every policy
decision every six months because somebody didn't notice or wasn't
interested in the previous discussion.

If you are aware of any other issues which fall under the
definition (i.e. a reproducible failure to build lilypond from
scratch, an unintentional regression, or something which stops a
good contributor from working on lilypond), then please change
that issue to be Type-Critical instead of whatever it is right
now.