Re: Updates makelsr to point to lilypond exe (issue 5489134)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Updates makelsr to point to lilypond exe (issue 5489134)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 17:37:12 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 9:11 PM

great idea!  A few implementation quibbles, though.

Thought I'd responded to this, but can't find a record of doing so.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5489134/diff/1/scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py
File scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5489134/diff/1/scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py#newcode76
scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py:76: lilypondexe=conv_path+'lilypond'
I have a slight preference for
  lilypond_bin
but this isn't a serious complaint.

No worries - I'll change it.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5489134/diff/1/scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py#newcode184
scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py:184: e = os.system (lilypondexe + "
-dno-print-pages -dsafe -o /tmp/lsrtest " + dest)
1. why did you remove the -V flag?

Because, IMHO, it produces a load of spurious garbage that is rarely of any interest for any reason. It certainly doesn't add anything to running makelsr - it just clutters the output out - it could be removed with more redirections, but I've got other places to sort that out.

2. AFAIK if you simply do + dest, it will break if there are any
snippets with a space in the filename.  I think that as a policy we
don't allow those, but the '%s' % dest  solution avoids that potential
problem.  Why not keep it there?

http://codereview.appspot.com/5489134/

I couldn't make the %s syntax work. If you could quickly save me some time and provide syntax, I'll do it.

--
Phil Holmes