Re: unexpected(?) git-cl behaviour, adding strange comments to tracker

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: unexpected(?) git-cl behaviour, adding strange comments to tracker
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 12:43:34 +0100

2012/1/6 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 11:42:32AM +0100, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>> i've created a patch (on a separate local branch), committed it and
>> uploaded with new git-cl; this created new tracker issue (2175).  i
>> did some more changes, committed them and called 'git cl upload
>> We were not able to associate this patch with a google tracker issue.
>> Please enter a valid google tracker issue number (or enter nothing to
>> create a new issue):
>
> known problem.  It wouldn't be hard to keep track of this stuff
> automatically, but we're not doing that at the moment.

Maybe let's store git-cl problems in lily tracker, with type "git-cl" or sth?

> Incidently, this item -- writing/modifying/maintaining python
> scripts to aid development -- is my top choice for reward vs.
> choice in lilypond at the moment.  A few hours of python work each
> week can make every developer's life so much easier.

Does this mean that you will fix it soon? ;)
I did a fast look at git-cl code, but i don't know how to fix it myself.

2012/1/6 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
> I believe it tries to guess the issue number from your commit message - so
> if you want it to automatically add an update to the correct issue, you need
> to call it something like "Patch fixing thing, associated with issue 1234".
> Otherwise you just type the issue number in when asked.

What if no tracker issue exists when i upload the patch?  Of course i
can create one manually, but for things so simple as
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2175 it would be
nice to take advantage of git-cl ability to create a new tracker issue
automatically.

cheers,
Janek