Re: (half-open) slur through repeat end to begin of repeat

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: (half-open) slur through repeat end to begin of repeat
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 16:30:43 +0100

On Jan 6, 2012, at 4:24 PM, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

> Does anyone know a good way to typeset a slur that start in a repeat volta
> and goes on to the beginning of the repeat?
> E.g. (full example with some attempts attached)
>    b8( c8 |
>    \repeat volta 2 {
>      d2) r4 |
>    } \alternative {
>      % TODO: This slur should starts here and ends
>      %          at the d2 at the beginning of the repeat
>      {g2 b8( c8 d | }
>      {g4 r r}
>    }
>
> Attached is a scan of what this looks in a commercial edition (Eulenburg),
> but I am not able to achieve this in lilypond.

The easiest thing to do would be to find the control points and change the X
positions such that they maintain the same relative distance but finish just
before the bar line (instead of the next note column).

To get the slur to know where this bar is, just create a custom engraver with a
slur and a bar line acknowledger and have the slur stash the barline as an
object 'foo whenever context property myContextProperty is set, and then set
myContextProperty to true before volta repeats.

Cheers,
MS