Re: staging is a safety net, not a trampoline

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: staging is a safety net, not a trampoline
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 12:04:00 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "James" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; "Keith OHara" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2012 11:54 AM

hello,

On 7 January 2012 11:42, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith OHara" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2012 6:16 AM

Graham Percival <graham <at> percival-music.ca> writes:

But please consider testing your patches a bit more before sending
them in.

Sorry that was probably me.
I thought I was safe after testing with doc-section.sh, but these scripts
do not report the warnings from lilypond snippets in the docs.
I've started `touch Documentation/*te??; make doc` but will leave
documentation to the experts from now on.

FWIW make doc is now more useful for testing doc changes than it used to be.
If you can run make doc successfully, edit your document and then repeat
make doc, it will usually only remake the stuff that's been changed - with
no need to touch any files. This is because of the work Julien did late
last year.

If that really is true (hooray) then we ought to update

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor-big-page.html#documentation-editor_0027s-edit_002fcompile-cycle

James

Agreed. Please test my assertion - make doc, edit the CG section shown and remake doc - that would make a fair test.

--
Phil Holmes