Re: custom signs....

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: custom signs....
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 22:31:52 +0100

On Jan 7, 2012, at 10:21 PM, Arno Waschk wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> inspired by a pretty old post by Bertala Fodor i designed some signs for me.
> For example:
>
> #(define-markup-command (mysign layout props)()
> (interpret-markup layout props
> (markup #:postscript "0 5 translate 0.16 -0.16 scale newpath 0 0.846390
> moveto 0 0 lineto 13 0 lineto 13 13 lineto 11 13 lineto 11 2 lineto 0 2
> lineto 0 0 lineto closepath fill 0 -14 moveto"
> )))
>
> They print well by ^\markup{mysign} in the score, but a completely ignored by
> lilypond's spacing/collision department.
>
> What can i do that lilypond calculates the space for it?

You need to use LilyPond's native stencil functions.
Check out make-connected-path-stencil (which has scale arguments) and
ly:stencil-translate.  You can basically copy and paste your work into that,
changing the syntax a bit to work for Scheme.
Then feed this stencil to the \stencil command in a markup.

Cheers,
MS