Re: lilypond-book on windows

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: lilypond-book on windows
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:48:45 -0500

On 11/01/2012 9:42 AM, Trevor Daniels wrote:

Julien Rioux

I would try removing one-by-one the arguments from the
subprocess.Popen call, e.g., remove universal_newlines=True, remove
shell=True, remove stderr=subprocess.PIPE, etc. one-by-one. See if you
get further.

Yes, I tried this earlier. Setting universal_newlines False bypasses the
failing code.

Good. This points to something we cn fix. The python docs say:
This feature is only available if Python is built with universal newline support (the default). Also, the newlines attribute of the file objects stdout, stdin and stderr are not updated by the communicate() method.

One problem that exists here for sure for windows is the definition of
cmd which include "LC_ALL=C texi2pdf ...". LC_ALL is an environment
variable that sets the locale. I think this is here to ensure that the
output from texi2pdf is in English and can be parsed easily. Setting
environment variables in this way does not work on windows. Instead
one might add env=something as an argument to the subprocess.Popen call.

Right. I forgot to mention I'd simply deleted this in the tests I
reported earlier
as working.

It's all a bit academic if no one can point me to a Windows implementation
of texi2pdf or texi2dvi, though.

Trevor

I didn't install it or anything, but the first result with google "texinfo for windows" looks legit.

Regards,
Julien