Re: Update lilygit.tcl (Issue 2092) (issue 5504092)

From: graham
Subject: Re: Update lilygit.tcl (Issue 2092) (issue 5504092)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 09:31:40 +0000

After commenting out the "git push" line, and also disconnecting my
network cable, then going to "push patch", I get this:

fatal: ambiguous argument 'staging..dev/local_working': unknown revision
or path not in the working tree.
Use '--' to separate paths from revisions

Look, could we just treat this as three separate stages?
1. update lily-git.tcl to use $LILYPOND_GIT and use dev/local-staging.
2. get the git instructions for the command-line nailed down (issue
2100).
3. if it's still relevant, work on adding push ability to lily-git.tcl.

Having a really good set of instructions in step 2 will make #3 easier
-- and there's no point delaying #1 for another few weeks when AFAIK
that part is perfect.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504092/