Re: Issue 2100: Explanation of branches for CG (issue 5539062)

From: graham
Subject: Re: Issue 2100: Explanation of branches for CG (issue 5539062)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:17:35 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/5539062/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5539062/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi#newcode491
Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi:491: git branch -D dev/cg
I know this is from what I wrote originally, but I've changed my mind:
it's too easy for somebody to copy&paste the wrong set of commands.

Could this entire @subsubheading be changed to read:

@c don't give explicit commands here, to avoid accidental copy&paste
Sometimes everything goes wrong.  If you want to remove a branch
regardless of losing your own work, follow the instructions in
@qq{Delete your branch (safe)} but replace the @code{-d} with a
@code{-D} on the final line.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5539062/