Re: Stable releases

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Stable releases
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 22:17:54 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> I think that the major deciding factor will be Guile 2.0 integration.

We have had no code that has been able to survive basic testing.  I
don't think it makes sense to bank on a major feature for an _imminent_
_stable_ release when it has not even made it into an unstable one, or
even master.  It will, of course, be a prime candidate for backporting
once it has suitably stabilized in 2.17.  Or we aim for 2.18 to get out
more speedily.

> Alternatively, if Ian sees the light at the end of the tunnel, then
> it's worth making Guile 2.0 integration the main target of 2.16.

I think we should focus on the near end of the tunnel these days if we
want to see 2.16 anytime soon.