Re: make doc problem

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: make doc problem
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:05:50 -0500

On 22/01/2012 1:32 PM, Julien Rioux wrote:
The second issue I have not seen. If I correct a typo in a file in
Documentation then make doc will rebuild it. OK I should check
Documentation/fr right now...

When I edit Documentation/fr/essay/literature.itely and issue a make doc from within build/Documentation/fr then Documentation/fr/essay.tely is recompiled. I can see the result in Documentation/fr/out-www/essay/* and in Documentation/out-www/essay.fr.* [1]

Please report in more details the problems that you encounter, e.g. which file are you modifying and how are you calling make.

Thanks,
Regards,
Julien

[1] Big side note: It doesn't work flawlessly: notation.tely and a bunch of other manuals are also recompiled when they shouldn't, since I didn't touch any of their source files. This problem I trace back to the CHAIN_RULE in make/ly-rules.make, which I didn't dare touch up to now. This rule states that web depends on usage depends on notation depends on... etc. so that only one instance of lilypond-book is running at once on any given manual. As a side-effect it means that manuals depend on each other when that isn't in fact the case.